in General May 5, 2016
Established in 1916, Urquhart Opticians is in its centenary year and due to the continued growth in its patient base, is looking to add an Optometrist to its team.
Urquhart Opticians is Ayrshire’s leading independent optician, offering an expert and personal service that is complimented by the very best in fashionable eyewear. At Urquharts we have one aim, “To determine the best solutions to unique lifestyles through investment in our people, practices and technology.”
We are a young team with a passion for clinical excellence. We embrace new ideas and are truly determined to deliver a unique and memorable experience for each and every one of our patients.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a fully-qualified optometrist (Registered with the GOC) that is committed to the lifelong learning that the profession offers. You must take pride in the expertise and service that you deliver to patients and be committed to going above and beyond to ensure the very best patient care. We are also looking for a team player that supports the long-term vision of the business and can ‘think outside the box’ to ensure the constant development of our services for the patients benefit.
The examination of patients' eyes, the giving of advice on visual problems and the prescription and fitment of spectacles or contact lenses when needed – all in line with GOC Industry Standards. In addition:
· Working in industry & testing patients for safety spectacles
· Taking a position of responsibility and supporting staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, and training junior staff;
· Supporting the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products & having an understanding of the commercial correlation to the development of the business;
· Contributing to the organising, planning and development of the practice and wider patient care;
· Liaising with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers;
· Where qualified, prescribing medicines for people with eye conditions;
· Use of an online practice management system for the recording of patient details, prescriptions and dispensing.
There is scope for it to be either full-time or part-time depending on the candidate.
Predominantly based at our flagship practice in Kilmarnock with flexibility to cover our Prestwick, Troon and Glasgow practices as required.
Interested in this role?
Please provide a CV with your qualifications, experience and skills, along with a covering letter that details why you would like to join our growing team. All correspondence should be forwarded to [email protected] , including any questions.