Optical Assistant (x 2)
Flexibility to cover all of our practices – Kilmarnock, Prestwick, Troon and Glasgow
At Urquhart Opticians, we do not simply sell glasses and contact lenses. Our expertise is in the delivery of the most comprehensive and personal eye care available to our patients. We take time to understand their unique lifestyle – how they live and what they do from the moment they open their eyes in the morning, until the moment they close them at night. Our personal approach ensures that we listen carefully and understand precisely their needs, offering solutions that solve their problems.
As an organisation, we are building a unique patient experience and we are looking for an individual to join our growing team – one that is committed to the highest levels of patient care and wants to be part of an aspirational organisation.
If you think you are this person, then we want to speak to you.
To provide the highest levels of patient care in every task that is undertaken, whether that is booking patient appointments or dispensing and fitting patients spectacles. The role is to support the Optician in exceeding patients expectations and to proactively deliver tasks that drive significant business value.
· An understanding of visual perception and ability to take measurements to fit multifocal lenses
· Analysing patient prescriptions (including focimetry) and dispense accordingly
· Fit patient’s spectacles during collections – including any adaptations required
· Book new patient appointments using online practice management system
· Filing, billing and recording of all dispensing
· Administrative work as required by the Optician – including GOS Forms and their online submission
· General customer service and exploring of the patients needs – including the recording of patient information for use by the Optician& any aftercare requests from patients on how to use and care for their spectacles
· Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services provided by the company
· Outbound Recalls to Patients – Letters, Telephone and SMS
· Processing and ordering of patients lens from third party suppliers
· Training of other staff members as required by the company
· Cleaning of the practice as reasonably requested by the company
· Reconciliation of the NHS Statement and Contact Lens Direct Debits
· Manage inventory and order supplies as required
· Any other reasonable requests by an optician or the company
Depending on Experience + Bonus
Full-time and Saturday working is a requirement.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and Covering Letter stating why you would be a valuable addition to Urquhart Opticians to firstname.lastname@example.org.