We're currently recruiting an experienced Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician for a full time position within our team at Kilmarnock.
Please see full job description below:
Urquharts is an Independent Eyecare Specialist based in Ayrshire. Our mission is to make a difference to people’s life by improving their vision. We’re a values driven business with a focus on:
· Eye Can Attitude
· Smalls Details Matter
· Care & Community
Established in 1916, Urquharts currently operates five practices within Ayrshire – Kilmarnock, Prestwick, Troon, Ayr & Kilwinning. We are recruiting for an experienced Optical Assistant or Qualified Dispensing Optician. and we are looking for a full-time position.
Our expertise is in the delivery of the most comprehensive and personal eye care available to our patients. We take time to understand their unique lifestyle – how they live and what they do from the moment they open their eyes in the morning, until the moment they close them at night. Our personal approach ensures that we listen carefully and understand precisely their needs, offering solutions that solve their problems.
As an organisation, we are building a unique patient experience within the community of Ayrshire and we are looking for an individual who is looking for a challenge and wants to be part of an exciting journey.
If you think you are this person, then we want to speak to you.
To understand Urquharts unique business culture, to become ingrained in our ways of thinking and doing things and to work with our patients in a customer focussed and caring way.
To provide the highest levels of patient care in every task that is undertaken, whether that is booking patient appointments or dispensing and fitting patients spectacles. The role is to support the Optician in exceeding patients expectations and to proactively deliver tasks that drive significant business value.
· An understanding of visual perception and ability to take measurements to fit multifocal lenses
· Analysing patient prescriptions (including focimetry) and dispense accordingly
· Fit patient’s spectacles during collections – including any adaptations required
· Book new patient appointments using online practice management system
· Filing, billing and recording of all dispensing
· Administrative work as required by the Optician – including GOS Forms and their online submission
· General customer service and exploring of the patients needs – including the recording of patient information for use by the Optician& any aftercare requests from patients on how to use and care for their spectacles
· Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services provided by the company
· Outbound Recalls to Patients – Letters, Telephone and SMS
· Processing and ordering of patients lens from third party suppliers
· Training of other staff members as required by the company
· Cleaning of the practice as reasonably requested by the company
· Reconciliation of the NHS Statement and Contact Lens Direct Debits
· Manage inventory and order supplies as required
· Any other reasonable requests by an optician or the company
Salary: £17,500.00-£23,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please outline your existing hours and days worked?
- Location - Please advise whether there are any locations that we have that you would not be able to commute to?
- Optics: 1 year +
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Peter Telfer email@example.com. Closing date 10/09/21.